We all know how important looking after our immune systems is. Competing as an athlete and leading a vigorously active lifestyle can also have an increased impact on your immune system, so it’s even more important that you’re giving your body everything it needs to be fighting fit.
Here at Klean, we care about you performing at your very best, and it’s important that you’re fuelling your body with all the right nutrients to keep yourself healthy.
How to Support Your Immune System Naturally
- Vitamin C ‐ adequate intake of Vitamin C within your diet is so important as it is one of the best immune boosters and can be found in oranges, grapefruits, broccoli, kale, spinach and more.
- Eating a well‐balanced diet – make sure you’re incorporating foods rich in probiotics, such as yoghurt, tempeh and pickles, as they are full of all the good bacteria your body needs to help keep it healthy.
- Hydration – drink plenty of fluids throughout the day, ideally water, to keep your body well‐hydrated.
- Sleep – getting the right amount of sleep every day can be tough when leading such a fast‐paced lifestyle, but it’s important that your body gets regular rest so it can recover properly.
- Regular exercise – yes, we know as an athlete you’ll be doing this, but try to also include gentle forms of exercise that not only support your body but also your mind. This could be a daily walk getting out into nature or practising some mindfulness with a calming yoga session.
However, we do understand that it’s not always easy for some to get all the nutrients they need from diet alone, which is why many athletes also look to supplements to help support their bodies.
We’re aware that things are tough at the moment but looking after your body doesn’t have to be. At Klean, we have a range of supplements that can help you to help support your immune system:
Our Klean Probiotic contains 15 billion CFUs of probiotic strains to support digestive system health.